Tuesday 17 September 2013

What I Wore: Fly Me 2 The Moon


On Friday, Jake and I were lucky enough to be invited to the grand opening of a new shop in Suffolk Park, called Fly Me 2 The Moon, where Jake has been working for the last couple of weeks. Tucked away in the shopping plaza at Suffolk Park, Fly Me 2 The Moon is just a stone's throw away from Byron Bay, and it captures the market perfectly. All of the products available in Fly Me 2 The Moon are hand-picked, hand-crafted and are not stocked anywhere else on the Far North Coast, giving the shop a unique edge in an area where dream catchers and pot-pourri have for too long ruled the roost.

It just so happened that I had a hair appointment on Friday morning with my friend, Alisha who is an apprentice at Kaos Hair in Ballina, and offered to do my hair for free as a part of her training. After four hours of being doted on in the salon by four hair dressers who were only too excited over the prospect of having a creative license over my hair, I came out with my hair cut, dyed, set and styled in an elaborate up-do inspired by victory rolls. As Jake put it, I "fit in well with all those Byron Bay classy people".

This is what I wore to the event:

Top and skirt: Valleygirl
Clogs: Rubi Shoes

And a little look at the beautiful products that the shop has to offer (the majority being way out of my price range).



I have to say, it was not easy trying to get decent photos while at the event, as the room was just so crowded. The shop is beautiful, though and if you would like a better look at what they have to offer, I would suggest clicking over to their website. Now, if only I had the money to buy some of their products for myself...

Disclaimer:: I was not compensated in any way for this post. Jake and I were invited to the event as a thank you for the hard work he has put in doing the electrical for the shop over the past few weeks, and going the extra mile to make sure that all the lights they hung are removable for sale. We thank Georgina and Alexandra for their generosity and for making the event such a fantastic night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment