Wednesday 24 July 2013

Weird and Wonderful!

A few weeks ago, Danielle from Underland to Wonderland tagged me in a post she wrote called "Get Your Freak On" to answer these questions and the other day, Leona reminded me about it when she tagged me as well, so I thought I better get my act together, answer the questions and give you all a little bit more insight to who I am.


1. What's a nickname only your family calls you? 
When my little sister started talking, she couldn't say my name properly so she just called me Nae Nae, and to this day it has stuck, but the one that really stands out is that my Grandad used to call me Fang because I eat everything in sight, was always first to finish my food and am basically a bottomless pit without proper table manners. I know its probably not the kindest nickname, but it caught on and my whole family calls me fang now when I ask for seconds or basically any time I'm eating. How endearing of them!

2. What's a weird habit of yours? 
I don't really have any weird habits, but I do bite my nails, even though I know it's gross. It's a nervous habit more than anything, but since moving out of home and learning what real stress is, I can't seem to stop!

3. Do you have any weird phobias?
Soggy paper and bread completely grosses me out! I start gagging any time I touch it because it just feels disgusting! I'm also terrified of balls, which is going to sound really weird, but it's because I'm so uncoordinated! Any time I am near people playing ball sports I freak out that the ball is going to hit me or roll ear me and I'll have to throw it back. You would be surprised how many times I have been hit by soccer balls and footballs in my life. It's like I have a target on my forehead or something!

4. What's a song you secretly love to blast and belt out when you're alone?  
Oh God. I'm not usually embarrassed about my taste in music, because it's pretty broad and I can usually find an artist or song I love which I have in common with someone, but it's not often that I turn on Taylor Swift in company, despite listening to Trouble all the time when I'm home alone, complete with dance moves that include dropping on the floor and pretending to cry as I roll around holding a hairbrush. Yep, embarrassing!

5. What's one of your biggest pet peeves?  
SLOW PEOPLE! I hate people who walk or drive slow. It drives me insane! Also, this might come across as rude, but I get really pissed off when I'm around dipshits. You know, the "dumb blonde" type, but they don't necessarily have to be blonde. Just people who have nothing interesting to contribute to conversation, and yet they always seem to be the ones that butt in with comments that make you go "huh?". You all know who I'm talking about!

6. What's one of your nervous habits? 
I've already answered this! I bite my nails. I also bite the inside of my cheek and tap my feet a lot. I'm jittery. I'm also a nervous talker!

7. What side of the bed do you sleep on? 
The right side! Although I used to sleep on the left until Jake and I swapped. Yep, Leona and I are twins. 

8. What was your first stuffed animal and it's name? 
His name was Pierre and he was a clown teddy. He was massive and I slept with him in my bed every night til I was about 10. I will admit, he ended up in my bed once or twice this year, too when I was feeling lonely living on my own, and had stayed up late watching Criminal Minds. I still have him.

I pull some good heads. See Pierre's feet in the top left corner? 
He is massive! now he would stand to just below my knee. 

9. What's the drink you always order at starbucks?  
I don't like Starbucks, nor do we have one near where I live, but at the uni coffee shop I have two regulars. White chocolate mocha with marshmallows, or a latte with two sugars. When it's hot I get a strawberry milkshake or a coffee frappe.

10. What's a beauty rule you preach, but never actually practice? 
Washing make up off before bed, and moisturising. I know they're both so important but there are more nights than I'd like to admit that I don't wash my make up off, claiming I'm too tired, and regret it in the morning. I never seem to moisturise either, unless I've just shaved my legs, which is also rare.

 11. Which way do you face in the shower? 
I always turn a billion different ways in the shower depending on what I'm doing. Most of the time I face the bathroom door in case a murderer bursts through, but if I'm washing my hair I face away from the water.

12. Do you have any 'weird' body 'skills'? 
I can roll my tongue, flip it upside down both ways and tie a lolly snake in a knot with it. If only I was that flexible elsewhere in my body!

13. What's your favorite comfort food that's 'bad' but you love to eat it anyway?  
Comfort food makes up most of my diet, to be honest. I have some healthy comfort foods I love, but I also eat chocolate, ice cream and Nutella almost daily, and lately I've been obsessed with scones with jam and cream. The jam goes first, in case you were wondering. 



14. What's a phrase or exclamation you always say?  
There are too many to list! Jake likes to joke that my catchphrase if I was a superhero would be "I'm stuck!" because I tend to say this multiple times a day, and get myself into the worst situations. It's usually said with a puty, whinging voice too, so I'd probably make a terrible superhero. I swear a lot more than I'd like to admit, so you can bet that those words are up there as well! Plus I'm Aussie, so...



15. Time to sleep, what are you actually wearing?  
In summer, one of Jake's shirts and my knickers. In winter, flannelette pants and a long sleeved shirt. I can't wear button ups because I get tangled in them!

16. What did you used to wear that you thought was cool but now you realize it wasn't that hot? 
I was such a dag when I was younger. I didn't care what I looked like enough to worry whether something was cool or not. I just threw clothes on and wore what was comfy!

Well, there you have it! I hope you all feel like you know me a little better now. I tag Libby, Anna and Magdalena to join in!

No comments:

Post a Comment