Saturday 3 November 2012

Disaster Strikes!

SO, I should have known that completing a collection of clothes in two weeks is un-doable for a complete beginner in the sewing world, but I gave it a go nevertheless and when disaster struck, I took it in my stride and got on with things. This is why when the photos from today's shoot go up in a few day's time, you will only see two handmade items of clothing in them. Both skirts. You will also see a few accessories I have made though, and that's gotta count for something, right?

Well, you probably already knew that I had grand plans for this collection that I hoped would blow everybody's minds away, but I have to say, even though my overlocker is experiencing problems at the moment and there was no way I would get any more sewing done before the shoot, I am incredibly proud of what I achieved these past two weeks anyway. The two skirts I made look awesome, and all my sketches are superb! I worked incredibly hard on planning the items I would make, and once my overlocker is working again, I promise to make and share the garments anyway.

Here is proof that I actually did plan to make and had cut out tops for the collection:


Anyway, I can't wait to share the photos from the shoot with you all. They will be used to launch my Etsy and Made it shops as well, so this really is a big deal for me. Hopefully the tops I am making will be completed and photographed soon (if only in a lunch break at work) and they too can be added to my new online shops!

No comments:

Post a Comment